Choose Branson – Company Profile
This client is an online travel website that helps their clients book all their travel necessities and services online.
Due to an increase in orders and general web traffic the client’s legacy application had to be scaled up in order to function optimally. Their marketing and operational efforts needed more effective support from the administrative backend. These efforts included the running of continuous promotions as well as inventory updates.
Boon Info Tech was approached by this client for the purpose of developing an integrated travel solution that would better support their operation and services to both their channel partners and direct customers. They wanted the site to enable selling through intermediary channels and they wanted tour operators, travel management companies and traditional- and online travel agencies included.
As result of this discussion a travel platform was developed with which they could manage their own distribution and inventory and in doing so improve their cost effectiveness through the use of sophisticated web technologies.
Boon Info Tech designed and developed a travel portal for them that incorporated a Booking Engine and gateways that lead to travel affiliates. With this online users can perform searches based on what they require and pick any needed services, seat selection and payment methods for the completion of the transaction, making it the perfect solution for B2C use.
The same travel portal also provides gateways to B2B consolidator systems that integrate travel affiliates enabling real time reservations and the purchasing of desired tickets. The performance was completely tuned so we could identify application and capacity bottlenecks and make all of it more secure by execution of a sophisticated security audit. The customer was able to prioritize the activities associated with performance tuning and security testing because a report with details of complexity, efforts, ROI and recommendation levels was provided.
Similarly the application was studied and a plan made to have third party hotel inventory and flight reservations systems integrated. Boon Info Tech developed all applicable web services for accommodation of the third party systems into the new and improved website after conducting an impact analysis to determine which of the modules were affected.
The project management team had to find a way to work with numerous third party travel API providers throughout many different time-zones for management of technical interactions with the team of each provider.
The functions needed:
- It needed Agent Interfaces that facilitated bookings/commissions.
- Agents should be able to register and login.
- It needed to enable them to view and update profile information
- A password retrieval facility was added.
- Agents would need to be able to make reservations for their clients.
- Agents had to be able to view their commissions.
- It should be possible to cancel reservation requests when logged in.
- Saving and changing a client’s itinerary should be possible.
- Viewing, generating and printing an invoice should be enabled.
- Easy access to Affiliate interfaces.
- Affiliates should be able to register and log in.
- They should be able to view and update their profile information.
- Affiliates must be able to view their commissions.
This website enables its customers to book tickets conveniently online and they may search seat availability too. Boon Info Tech ensures that the website represent your brand effectively which translates into more sales.
Advanced operational control was experienced by the online customers through B2C access with agents being able to close their online bookings online a few hours before the travel date via B2B access that offers a cancellation policy for agents.
This client received a complete backend system that can be used to maintain user groups, routes, route fares, transactions, accounts, payments, contents, trips and packages, boarding passes and ticket details.
Other added capabilities available to users include:
- Travelers Interfaces for facilitation of bookings.
- Users can register an account and log in.
- It is searchable for a particular day’s availability.
- Reservations/bookings can easily be made online.
- Profile information can be viewed and updated.
- Users may view their booking history.
- Reservation requests may be cancelled.
- They may save/change their itinerary.
- They can view, generate and print their invoices.
The Travel Portal Administrator interfaces lend the ability to define and manage activities that are related like:
- User Management,
- Agent Management,
- Category Management,
- Booking Management,
- Affiliate Management,
- Commission Management,
- Content Management,
- Negotiated Contracts Management,
- Site and Travel Specials Management,
- FAQ Management,
- Multiple Payment Gateway integration offering various payment methods and net banking features.
- Also offers a parcel booking/delivery management system that has an SMS alerts application integrated in order to provide notifications of dispatch/delivery notifications.
- Agents can share data in real time to be able to share resources amongst one another and with subagents.
- It has a temporary block/auto release functions that enables an agent to hold seats for a set period of time and when no confirmation is received the seats are made available again. In this way more seats may be filled.
- The Dynamic Packaging allows operators to provide discounts or increased fares on specified days.
- Day-, cross functional-, transaction- and seat reports as well as counter booking can be customized.
- The client’s sites cannot be accessed without authorization because of the Increased Security with IP based blocking function.
- Simple to use ETicket management and printing.
- A back-office system was provided that enable travel agencies to view all booking details. A variety of criteria can be used for purposes of tracking orders. The criteria includes passenger name, order date, order status and service date.